Hello readers! Yeah, that’s right! I have started a blog and I want to take a moment to let you all get to know some important things about me. Why? You may ask. I am doing this because these are five things that I will be communicating my experiences, the good and the bad, with all of you. So, let’s get started!
- Running is a part of who I am. I received my first pair of running shoes when I was only three days old. Yes, you read that correctly, I was three days old when my mother’s high school coach bought me my first pair of running shoes. I guess it is easy for me to say that I am, always have been, and always will be, a runner.
- I am currently in the process of changing careers. I spent the first five years of my young adult life going to college for something I am choosing to no longer do. I quit my job and I am taking personal time to try to figure out what my next chapter has in store. I will say, knowing that I have all these different possibilities available to me is both amazing and overwhelming, all at the same time.
- I love to bake. Baking has been a passion of mine since as far back as I can remember. I was the difficult child that always wanted to make cookies from scratch rather than from a box, a bag, refrigerated pre-made dough, etc. I have so many childhood memories of the trial and error that comes along with learning how to bake. Don’t you worry, I’ll share those stories with you eventually, as well as some of my favorite recipes.
- I am learning to cook. Yes, I just went from talking about my love and passion for baking to I am just now learning to cook. Twenty-four years old and I am barely beginning my dive into the cooking world. In college, living in a dorm room, you don’t get much of an opportunity to cook for yourself. I have dabbled in it from time to time, but always the basics…grilled cheese, french toast, mac-n-cheese, spaghetti, eggs, etc. I am looking forward to sharing with you my successful dishes, as well as my tragedies, because let’s be honest, there will be plenty of those.
- I love to read and when I say this, I truly mean it. I have read way too many books to count, from so many different genres. I will never stick my nose up to a book. If one is recommended to me, I often buy it on the spot (using my e-book reader, of course). Be on the look out for my numerous blog posts on books that I have read, am considering reading, and discussing many of my favorite current and past authors. This is definitely not the last you’ll be hearing of my reading obsession, I promise you.